• Each DALI® bus can control a maximum of 16 zones
• Power failure memory retains programming in the event of a power loss
• DALI® Power Module can be used in a HomeWorks QS system to control and manage light in an entire home or building
• Provides power for two buses of DALI®-compliant digital addressable loads:
– 128 mA guaranteed current
– 250 mA maximum supply current per bus
Dali Power Module
The DALI® Power Module is a DIN-rail mounted controller for DALI®-compliant digital addressable loads, referred to as control gear. It provides DALI® bus power and control for two independent DALI® buses with up to 64 DALI-compliant digital addressable loads each.
- 120 V ~ 50/60 Hz 120 mA
- 230 V ~ 50/60 Hz 80 mA
- Lightning strike protection meets ANSI/IEEE standard 62.31-1980. Can withstand voltage surges of up to 6000 V and current surges of up to 3000 A.
- Standby power : 7 W
- BTUs/hour when fully loaded: 24
- DALI bus Output: 16 V- 128 mA guaranteed supply current, 250 mA maximum supply current per bus.
- Lutron Quality Systems registered to ISO 9001:2015.
- IEC 60669-2-1
- DALI-2® Certified
- Surrounding Air Temperature Range: 0 °C to 65 °C (32 °F to 149 °F).
- Relative humidity: less than 90% non-condensing.
- Calibration point maximum: 75 °C (167 oF)
- For indoor use only.
- Mains wiring: 1.0 mm2 to 4.0 mm2 (18 AWG to 10 AWG)
- Dali bus Wiring: 0.5 mm to 4.0 mm (20 AWG to 10 AWG)
- QS Link Wiring: 0.5 mm2 to 4.0 mm2 (20 AWG to 10 AWG)
- Minimum wire temperature rating = 65 °C (149 °F), copper wire only
- Mount in a Lutron DIN Panel (see spec 369788) or in an IP20 (minimum) rated consumer panel or breaker panel with integrated DIN rail.
- Width = 9 DIN modules (161.7 mm or 6 3⁄8 in).
- For more information on mounting and installation in panels with integrated DIN rail see Lutron P/N 048466 at www.lutron.com
Programming and Compatibility Requirements
- The LQSE-2DAL-D can only be used with the HomeWorks QS system.
- Setup and programming of the DALI Power Module is done through the HomeWorks QS programming software.
- Up to 64 DALI® compliant loads on each bus can be addressed and grouped into 16 zones.
- DALI Power Module supplies a maximum of 250 mA to power each bus.
- DALI® PowerModulesuppliesaguaranteedcurrent of 128 mA to power each bus.
- DALI® Power Module has an integrated bus power supply with polarity indicated on the unit.
- Some DALI® loads may be polarity sensitive. Refer to individual manufacturers' specifications for proper connection to the DALI® bus.
- Short circuit protection with automatic restart.
QS Link Limits
- A QS link in a HomeWorks® QS system can have up to 512 zones (outputs) and 100 devices. A DALI compliant digital addressable load counts as 1 zone unless specifically grouped into zones from the HomeWorks QS software.
- Each DALI Power Module counts as one device toward the 100 device limit.
- A maximum of 8 fully loaded DALI connected to a single QS link.
HomeWorks QS Wallstations
- HomeWorks QS wallstations can be configured to control DALI Power Modules with the HomeWorks QS programming utility.
- LED indicator displays the status of programmed lights.