• Small size allows for simple retrofit installation
• Lutron Clear Connect RF technology
• Operate on 434 MHz Limited frequecy
• The switch is rated for 6 AX of general purpose lighting load and 2 A/0.5 HP of motor load
• The reverse-phase dimmer is trailing-edge capable of up to 250 W of incandescent/halogen/ELV loads and up to 1 A/150 W of LED
HomeWorks In-Line Load Controls
The HomeWorks family of in-line dimmers and switches can control lighting and motor loads and provide a system that is convenient and easy to install.
HomeWorks in-line load controls use Lutron patented Clear Connect RF technology which provides reliable, wireless communication with other HomeWorks devices. Using a HomeWorks hybrid repeater allows devices to be part of a whole house solution that can be controlled remotely from anywhere in the world.
- The reverse-phase dimmer is trailing-edge capable of up to 250 W of incandescent/halogen/ELV loads and up to 1 A/150 W of LED.
- The switch is rated for 6 AX of general purpose lighting load and 2 A/0.5 HP of motor load.
- When used with a HomeWorks hybrid repeater*, the load controls can be programmed and controlled via lighting scenes, scheduled daily events, the Lutron Connect app, and other HomeWorks QS system features. Also, the load controls can be controlled from anywhere in the world.
- Small size allows for simple retrofit installation.
- Remote device association allows for in-line controls to be added to a system without physically accessing product.
- 220–240 V~ 50/60 Hz
Typical Power Consumption
- Dimmer/Switch: <0.5 W
- Test conditions: Load and LED are off
- CE (HQRK model only)
- IDMA (HQRM model only)
- WPC (HQRN model only)
- Ambient operating temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F), 0% to 90% humidity, non-condensing. Indoor use only.
- HomeWorks in-line load controls communicate with the system through Radio Frequency (RF). They must be located within 9 m (30 ft) of a hybrid repeater. System devices operate on 868 MHz, 868 MHz Limited, 865 MHz or 434 MHz Limited frequencies.
- Tested to withstand electrostatic discharge without damage or memory loss, in accordance with IEC 61000-4-2.
- Tested to withstand surge voltages without damage or loss of operation, in accordance with IEEE C62.41-1991 Recommended Practice for Surge Voltages in Low-Voltage AC Power Circuits.
- Power failure memory: should power be interrupted, the control will return to its previously set level prior to the interruption when power is restored.
- Allow adequate space to ensure convective cooling of load control. Remove any insulation, heat generating equipment, or obstructions within 120 mm (4.75 in) of the load control.
- For optimal RF performance, no metal or other electrically conductive material should be present within 120 mm (4.75 in) around the top and sides of the load control. The load control is not suitable for installation in places where it is fully enclosed in metal (e.g., metal enclosures, electrical cabinets) or within metal ceilings.
- HomeWorks in-line controls accept wire gauges between 0.5 mm2 to 2.5 mm2 (20 AWG to 14 AWG).
- Note: All outside wire diameters must be the same and must be between 5.2 mm–8.5 mm (0.2 in–0.3 in).
- With repeater: Up to 100 devices (e.g., load controls, Pico wireless controls, Radio Powr Savr sensors, shades, and repeaters) are supported per RF link. The processor counts as one device and four locations are reserved for hybrid repeaters.
- Note: Load controls have load type and capacity limits. For more information, see Load Type and Capacity.