• Provides five inputs and five dry contact closure outputs
• Provides both normally open (NO) and normally closed (NC) contacts
• May be programmed to control or be controlled on a QS system
• Integrates a QS control system with equipment that has contact-closure inputs and outputs
Control InterfaceThe QSE-IO contact closure interface provides integration with third-party equipment requiring contact closure input/output, including occupancy and vacancy sensors; motorized projection screens, skylights, and window shades; AV equipment; security systems; movable partition walls; and timeclocks. One QSE-IO interface provides five (5) dry contact closure outputs and five (5) inputs.
- UL® Listed
- cUL® Listed
- CE compliant
- SELV / PELV / NEC® Class
- Operating voltage: 24–36 V- 100 mA
QS Link Limits
- The QS wired communications link is limited to 100 devices and 100 zones. Each QSE-IO control interface counts as 1 device and 5 zones.
- Each QSE-IO control interface consumes 3 Power Draw Units (PDU) on the QS link. Refer to the QS Link Power Draw Units Specification Submittal (P/N 369405) at www.lutron.com for more information.
- The maximum wiring length for the QS link is 2000 ft (610 m).
- 32 °F to 104 °F (0 °C to 40 °C).
- Relative humidity less than 90% non-condensing.
- Indoor use only.
- Unit generates heat, maximum 8 BTU/hr.
Functionality and Operating Modes
- Using the inputs, contact closures in other equipment can operate control units to:
- Select scenes
- Adjust scenes to reflect status of movable walls
- Toggle any combination of zones in the system between Off and a configurable preset value
- Turn lights on or off and/or move shades based on room occupancy
- Perform special functions such as sequencing, panic, control lockout, or timeclock disable
- Using the outputs, scene and/or zone changes in control units can:
- Trigger outputs to control other equipment – Provide status feedback to other equipment
- Using the inputs, contact closures in other equipment can operate Sivoia® QS window treatments to:
- Open or close.
- Raise, lower, or stop.
- Select one of three adjustable presets.
- Using the outputs, key presses on QS window treatment keypads or GRAFIK Eye® QS window treatment buttons can:
- Trigger outputs to other motorized window treatment equipment
- Scene selection
- Occupancy sensor
- Zone toggle
- Shade input
- Special functions
- Shade output
- For a full list of functionality and operating modes, please see the Operating Modes and Dipswitch Settings table on Pages 8 and 9
- QS Link Power Supply, such as a:
- GRAFIK Eye® QS
- QS Link power supply, such as the QSPS-P1-1-50 - Energi Savr NodeTM QS
- Quantum® light management hub
- QS Communication Link (SELV/PELV/NEC® Class 2)
Five Input Terminals
- Accept maintained inputs and momentary inputs with 40 msec minimum pulse times
- Off-state leakage current must be less than 100 μA
- Open circuit voltage: 24 V- maximum
- Inputs must be dry contact closure, solid state, open collector, or active-low (NPN)/active high (PNP) output
- Open collector NPN or active-low on-state voltage must be less than 2 V- and sink 3.0 mA
- Open collector PNP or active-high on-state voltage must be greater than 12 V- and source 3.0 mA
Five Output Terminals
- Provide selectable maintained or momentary (1/4 second) outputs (SELV/PELV/NEC® Class 2 rated only)
- The QSE-IO is not rated to control unclamped, inductive loads. Inductive loads include, but are not limited to, relays, solenoids, and motors. To control these types of equipment, a flyback diode must be used (DC voltages only). See "Terminal Locations"
- Output relays are non-latching (if relays are closed and power is lost, relays will open)
- Five Status LEDs light when associated output is active (on)