• Map any zone on a GRAFIK Eye® QS control unit or any Quantum® zone to any single DMX512 channel
• For GRAFIK Eye® QS systems RGB/CMY table can be customized by using the QS color configuration tool
• Integral RGB/CMY lookup table that maps GRAFIK Eye® QS zone intensities or Quantum® zone intensities to RGB/CMY values (colors)
• Map any zone on a GRAFIK Eye® QS control unit or any Quantum® zone simultaneously to three DMX512 channels for RGB/CMY color control
QSE-CI-DMX Control Interface
The QSE-CI-DMX operates either in a standalone QS system, a Quantum system, an Athena system, or a HomeWorks system. It performs different functions depending on the system in which it is operating.
QS Standalone System
The QSE-CI-DMX control interface allows zones on a GRAFIK Eye QS to control DMX512-controlled devices. Any zone on the GRAFIK Eye QS can be mapped to either a single DMX512 channel or to three separate DMX512 channels, for RGB/CMY color-control applications.
Quantum, Athena, or HomeWorks Systems
The DMX channels (maximum of 32) are mapped to Quantum, Athena, or HomeWorks zones, and can be programmed as 1-channel lighting, 1-channel integration, or 3-channel RGB/CMY. If the QSE-CI-DMX is part of a Quantum or HomeWorks system, GRAFIK Eye QS zones cannot be programmed to control DMX channels.
- Map any zone on a GRAFIK Eye QS control unit (in QS Standalone systems) or any zone in a Quantum, Athena, or HomeWorks system to any single DMX512 channel
- Map any zone on a GRAFIK Eye QS control unit, any Quantum zone, Athena zone, or any HomeWorks zone simultaneously to three DMX512 channels for RGB/CMY color-control
- Integral RGB/CMY lookup table that maps GRAFIK Eye QS zone intensities, Quantum zone intensities, Athena zone intensities, or HomeWorks zone intensities to RGB/CMY values (colors)
- RGB/CMY table can be customized by using the Lutron QS Color Configuration Tool (PC application available at www.lutron.com/qs) within the HomeWorks Designer, Quantum Q-Design, or Athena design software.
- RoHS Compliant
- CE Marked
- Low-voltage SELV/PELV/NEC® Class 2
- Operating voltage: 24–36 V- 65 mA
- • 32 °F to 104 °F (0 °C to 40 °C).
- • Relative humidity less than 90% non-condensing.
- • Unit generates heat, maximum 8 BTU/hr.
- Each QSE-CI-DMX control interface counts as 1 QS device and 0 zones. For QS system link limits, refer to the Lutron Residential and Commercial System Rules Specification Submittal (P/N 369982) at www.lutron.com for more information.
- Each DMX channel = 1 switch leg. Refer to the Lutron Residential and Commercial System Rules Specification Submittal (P/N 369982) at www.lutron.com for more information.
- One QSE-CI-DMX per QS link in QS standalone. Up to 16 QSE-CI-DMX interfaces per QS link in HomeWorks, Athena, or Quantum systems.
- 32 DMX channels per QSE-CI-DMX control interface.
- Each QSE-CI-DMX control interface consumes 2
- Power Draw Units (PDU) on the QS link. Refer to the QS Link Power Draw Units Specification Submittal (P/N 369405) at www.lutron.com for more information.
- QS Link Wiring Limits
- Total length of link must not exceed 2000 ft (610 m).
- Do not allow SELV/PELV/NEC® Class 2 wires to contact line/mains wires.
- DMX512 Link System Limits
- Consult your DMX equipment installer.
- DMX512 Link Wiring Limits
- Each terminal can accept up to two 18 AWG (1.0 mm2) wires.
- Link must be 1000 ft (305 m) or less.
- DMX Link must begin and end with link terminators (available from Lutron; part number LT-1a).
- Three pins on the DMX connector for connecting the QSE-CI-DMX to DMX512-controlled equipment.
- In a Quantum, Athena, or HomeWorks system, the 32 channels can be any of the 512 available addresses within the DMX universe. DMX mergers can be used if more than 32 DMX channels need to be controlled within a single DMX universe.
- Daylighting is not supported for DMX loads.
- Loadshedding is not supported for DMX loads.
- Nightlighting is not supported for DMX loads.
- DMX 1-channel lighting can be raised/lowered, but DMX 1-channel integration and DMX 3-channel lighting cannot.
- Note: In a QS standalone system, raise/lower can be used to cycle through colors from a customizable RGB color table using the Lutron QS DMX Color Programming Tool.
- The QSE-CI-DMX requires the following:
- At least one GRAFIK Eye QS control unit connected to the QSE-CI-DMX through the QS communication link,
- or A Quantum system
- or A HomeWorks system
- or An Athena system
- QS Link power supply capable of providing 2 PDUs. Refer to the QS Link Power Draw Units Specification Submittal (P/N 369405) at www.lutron.com for more information.
- DMX512 link terminators at both ends of the DMX512 link (available from Lutron, part number LT-1a)
- QS Communication Link Wire (SELV/PELV/NEC® Class 2).