NEARSCAPES 2.1 / 4.1 Package Includes
- Two / Four LB4TM satellite speakers (dark brown mulch color) with surface mount brackets
- Two / Four GS4 ground stakes (dark brown mulch color)
- One IGS10M In-Ground Subwoofer (dark brown mulch color)
High Performance Outdoor Loudspeaker Systems
NEARSCAPES™ systems are convenient and cost effective ways to get unobtrusive, super high performance sound into your outdoor living spaces. These “satellite/subwoofer” systems boast high clarity at any volume, deep articulate bass, and ultra-low distortion.
Best of all, the wide dispersion of the LB4TM satellites means fewer speakers are needed to cover an area with high clarity sound with NEARSCAPES than with similar competing systems. With a properly configured NEARSCAPES system every listener in the listening area will hear full-performance sound without overly loud “hot” and low-fidelity “dead” zones.
The NEARSCAPES 2.1 system evenly covers a 1500 square foot area (140m2) area when driven by 100W/channel.
NEARSCAPES™ systems include easy to use ball and socket aim-able brackets that allow you to mount the LB4TM satellite speakers on walls, soffits, railings or fence posts. They also include GS4 ground stakes for mounting in gardens and lawns.
The IGS10 subwoofer can be used freestanding or partly buried in the ground for minimum visibility and maximum bass performance.
Ground stakes are supplied with NEARSCAPES systems
LB4TM Satellite Speaker
The NEAR® LB4TM all-environment loudspeaker is elegantly designed, rugged to the extreme and a snap to install. The LB4TM employs a ball and socket "signature" mounting system combined with a pre-terminated totally waterproof input connector. This mounting system minimizes installation effort and reduces “ladder time” to improve installation efficiency and safety. The LB4TM utilizes a 4-inch MDT/MLS woofer with a 1-inch titanium inverted dome tweeter for perfectly life-like sound dispersed evenly over a wide area.
This version of the LB4 differs from the LB4T in its color (mulch brown) and its low impedance bypass rating of 16 Ohms. It is the ideal speaker to use when using multiple pairs driven by a low-impedance output amplifier (non-70V).
70 Volt Control and Convenience
This "TM" version of the LB4 features a built-in multi-tap 70V transformer (with 16-Ohm bypass option) for use with the NEAR 6XL or other 70V output-equipped amplifiers. 70V systems have a myriad of advantages including being able to run more speakers in parallel than would be possible with low impedance systems. It also allows you to "sound sculpt" an area by assigning different volume levels to each speaker in the system.
Like other NEAR speakers, the LB4TM is truly weather-proof, not just “weather-resistant” and can be used totally exposed to the elements. The LB4TM enclosure is color-through, mica-loaded polypropylene that sheds moisture, dirt and chemicals. The UV inhibitor pigments are embedded uniformly throughout the material so the sun won’t fade or yellow the color and garden tools won’t easily mar their looks.
The LB4TM can be painted to match the surroundings. The color-matched grilles are oxidation-resistant heavy gauge powder coated aluminum with rectangular perforations that inhibit water from clogging the holes and blocking high frequencies. The bass port is protected from moisture, debris and critter ingress with a special hydrophobic fabric.
Best of all is the sound quality. The LB4TM's wide dispersion design and high tech components ensure that everyone on the deck or patio hears well-balanced, lifelike sound at every volume level without fatigue.
The LB4TM utilizes an MDT metal alloy diaphragm woofer with a 1-inch titanium inverted dome tweeter along with the Magnetic Liquid Suspension (MLS) technology patented by New England Audio Resource in 1993. These are the same materials and technologies employed throughout the LB Series to ensure timbre consistency and system design flexibility.
The “ribs” molded into the enclosures are more than mere decoration. This patented innovation (D432522) serves to stiffen the enclosure and break up panel resonance for pure and undistorted sound.
- Purpose-built to be extremely durable in all weather conditions
- 12 year warranty
- Mulch color enclosure is inconspicuous in gardens and other landscaped areas
- Anodized metal alloy speaker cones (MDT) maintain spec across a wide spectrum of ambient temperatures for consistent performance in every season
- Waterproof (IP68) "Perfect Fit" input connector eliminates long-term connection problems
- MLS Ferrofluid voice coil centering system
- Fluid-sealed gap eliminates corrosion in magnet
- Mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet for durability and rigidity
- Advanced polymer cone surrounds resist UV rays, chlorine, fertilizer and salt spray
- Heavy-gauge, powder-coated stainless steel mounting bracket with unique (patent-pending) lever-mount cast aluminum clamp
- Specially developed hydrophobic fabric covers port opening to prevent entry of water, debris and small creatures
- Driver Complement: (1) 4” Metal Alloy Diaphragm Woofer, MLS Voice Coil Guidance, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround; (1) 1.1” Metal Alloy Diaphragm Tweeter, Ferrofluid Damping, Corrosion-Resistant Magnet Assembly
- Frequency Response – 75Hz to 19kHz, +/-3dB
- Sensitivity (1W/1M) - 86dB @16 Ohms
- Dispersion - Minimum 120 Degrees, Horizontal & Vertical
- Power Requirements - 70 Volts with selectable 32, 16, 8, 4 and 2 Watts power output; 16-Ohm bypass up to 75 Watts (Ave); 300 Watts (Peak)
- Dimensions – 5.51”W x 10.25”H x 6.3”D; 14cm W x 26cm H x 16cm D
- Product Weight (with mounting yoke and clamp) 4.5lb. / 2.04kg
- Maximum SPL @1M (1/2 space) 105dB
- Input Terminations – Waterproof Plug-in Connector Included (IP68 Rating)
- Environmental – Designed to Meet or Exceed Mil-Std-810 (Humidity, Salt Air, Heat, Cold, Immersion); IEC IP 56
Specifications subject to change without notice
- Purpose-built to be extremely durable in all weather conditions, mounted in-ground
- Stylish design provides functional rigidity and extra security when buried
- Available in Kodiak Brown to match IG series speakers and Mulch Brown to match the LB4TM stake mounted garden speaker
- Anodized metal alloy speaker cones (MDT) maintain specified performance over a broad range of temperatures (-20 to +160 degrees F; -29 - +71 C) for consistent sound quality in every season
- UDIO (upside down/inside out) driver employs voice coils wound both inside and outside the former for extremely accurate linearity, even at extreme volume levels
- MLS spiderless motor uses specially developed ferrofluid to center the voice coil and eliminates the distortion generated by spiders
- Sealed magnet gap locks out moisture and debris
- LLDP (Linear Low-Density Polyethylene) color-through enclosures are acoustically inert and stand tough under abuse and in extreme conditions
- Advanced SupraPolymer cone surrounds resist UV rays, chlorine, fertilizer and salt spray
- 70V multi-tap transformer standard for use with the NEAR 6XL power amplifier in 70V operation- can be by-passed for 8 ohm use
- Signal connection via pre terminated 8-conductor burial grade cable exiting the bottom of the enclosure
- Color: Mulch Brown
- IGS10 with vented chamber removed to expose the upward-facing 10-inch driver
- Speaker complement: 10” Metal Alloy Diaphragm UDIO Woofer, MLS Voice Coil Guidance, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround;
- Frequency Response – 38Hz to 100Hz, +/-3.0dB
- Sensitivity (1W/1M) – 91dB
- Dispersion – 360 Degrees
- Power Requirements (@16 ohms) - up to 300 Watts (Ave); 1200 Watts (Peak)
- Power Requirements (@70V) 128W, 64W
- Dimensions – 18.75” Diameter at Base x 16.25” High; 47.63cm x 41.28cm
- Product Weight – 36 lb. / 16kg
- Maximum SPL @1M (1/2 space) – 115dB
- Input Terminations – 8-Cond. Cable
- Environmental – Designed to Meet or Exceed Mil-Std-810 (Humidity, Salt Air, Heat, Cold); IEC IP56
Specifications subject to change without notice