• Easy Installation, no screws, no drilling, or sealants required
• Pre-construction and retrofit installation options
• Unique material offers acoustic benefits
• 60 Minutes of Protection
• Expands up to 5 times its original size and fills in voids to prevent flames from spreading during a fire
Retrofittable Universal Fire Enclosure
Origin Acoustics, the leading manufacturer of architectural audio and electronics, is excited to announce another industry first in its new retrofittable Universal Fire Enclosure. The Intertek/ETL certified UFE1160 speaker cover is a dome shaped intumescent enclosure, specifically designed to keep the integrity of fire-resistant ceilings for ONE HOUR with in-ceiling speakers. This product is retrofittable and is certified to work with any speaker with a diameter between 5 7/8” and 10 5/8”.
A secondary benefit of the proprietary intumescent material is its sound absorbing properties. The UFE1160 significantly reduces sound transference and can enhance the sound quality of certain speakers, making it the perfect accessory for every speaker in the home.
- 60 minute protection
- Enhances the acoustic protection of the ceiling
- For use in ceiling assemblies
- Lightweight (approx. 0.68 kg)
- Easy Installation - can be fitted in seconds - no screws, drilling or additional sealant required
- Flexible material enables the cover to be fitted around obstacles or retro-fitted
- For ceiling cutouts up to 10 5/8 ”
- Easy to remove and re-install for speaker maintenance
- Can be used with any speaker manufacturer
- Maintenance free
- Suitable for a wide range of in-ceiling loudspeakers
- Intertek / ETL certified to maintain the fire rating (1 hour) of fire rated floor/ceiling assemblies.